#mailacardmonday…..you may be thinking what is this? I love creating cards and teaching others how to create them too 🙂 but I was slacking in mailing cards. So when my friend Monika Davis started #mailacardmonday on January 1, 2018 I decided to join her. It has motivated me to not only create and share my cards but to also send them.
On Mondays I will be sharing one of the cards I will be mailing someone for #mailacardmonday. I would love for you to join in and send out your own cards on Mondays, I know it will brighten someones day!
Today’s card was created with the “Hello Friend” stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog, for the colors I used a combination of Night of Navy and Lemon Lime Twist. This simple design is quick & easy to create and can be made with so many different combinations of colors. (see below for a complete list of products)
Get started– cutting & scoring
- Night of Navy CS – cut 1 at 5 1/2 X 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″, + scrap
- Whisper White CS- cut 2 at 4″ X 5 1/4″, + scrap
- Lemon Lime Twist CS- scrap
- Tutti Frutti DSP – navy print cut 1 at 1 1/4′ X 5 1/4″, cut 1 at 3/8″ X 4″, lemon lime twist print scrap
(DSP – Designer Series Paper CS– Card Stock)
- Ink the “Hello” stamp with Night of Navy, stamp 5 times without re-inking along the right side of a 4″ X 5 1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS, adhere the 1 1/4″ strip of Night of Navy DSP to the left side.
- Ink “Friend” and “Thinking Of My Friend Today” with Night of Navy and stamp on a scrap of Whisper White CS
- With the classic label punch, punch out “Friend” and punch out 1 each in Night of Navy & Lemon Lime twist DSP, stack all 3 together and flag the right side as pictured. Punch a 1/16″ hole through all 3 on the left side using the 1/16″ hand held punch.
- Wrap a 15″ piece of Lemon Lime Twist ribbon around the left side of the card, tie in a knot, attach the 3 tags with 8″ of linen thread, adhere to the front of the card.
- Punch out a 1 3/8″ scallop circle in Lemon Lime Twist CS, punch out the “Thinking Of My Friend Today” with the 1 1/4″ circle punch, layer using a dimensional.
- Adhere the 4″ X 3/8″ piece of Night of Navy DSP about 1″ up from the bottom of the second piece of Whisper White CS, adhere the scallop circle to the right side, adhere Whisper White CS to the inside of the card.
It’s Sale-A-Bration time now through March 31st, for every $50 you purchase you can earn FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration catalog.
See below for a complete list of supplies used to create this card, click on any product and it will take you to my online store!
Hello Friend Card Product
Thank You for stopping by!
Click on follow on the right and you won’t miss NEW post.
Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator