It’s Tuesday and I’m excited to share TWO simple cards created with a fun technique. I was able to create the borders by masking off a border and stamping solid images to fill in the area. Both of todays cards feature NEW stamp sets, Forever Fern & Whale Done, both with solid stamp images that work great for this technique. By changing up the colors and images these cards both have their own look.
- Card Base – 4 1/4″ x 11′ score at 5 1/2″
- White Layer – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Color Layer – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- To create a mask for the border I use 3″ x 5″ post it notes, the sticky edge is perfect to adhere and get a crisp edge. You can create any width of border or several.
Forever Fern Card:
- I used Misty Moonlight, Just Jade and Garden Green ink for the images, Misty Moonlight and Just Jade for the cardstock with Whisper White. The “HELLO” was stamped in VersaMark and embossed in white on Misty Moonlight cardstock.
- I use Just Jade, Granny Apple Green, Calypso Coral and Pool Party ink for the images. I used a sponge and shaded the background with Pool Party and added Wink A Stella to the seaweed. The cardstock is Pool Party and Just Jade with Whisper White. The “Love” was stamped in VersaMark and embossed in white on Just Jade cradstock.
Are you ready to create todays Two for Tuesday cards? The Stampin’ Up! supplies I used are listed below and linked to my online store. If ordering online you can use my Current Host Code or earn your own Host Rewards with a qualifing order ($150+). Now through June 30th earn a $25 BONUS with all customer & or workshop orders over $250.
HOST CODE 4UDVVNUT
Thank You for stopping by my blog, if you haven’t signed up to FOLLOW me and be notified when I post sign up today! I share 3 regular weekly post, Two for Tuesday, Fun Fold Friday & Simple stampin’ Sundays. If you aren’t currently with another demonstrator I would love to have you as a customer & creative coach. Contact me if you have any questions about todays cards, Stampin’ Up! product or joining my team of Creative Stampers!