Stampin’ Blends markers can be used to color in images, create backgrounds and so much more, today I decided to create my own colored paper to punch out for the light bulbs. This would be a fun technique to use with other punches and die cuts.
i am using the Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green and Real Red Stampin’ Blends, I colored an area on a scrap of whisper white paper in each color trying both the light and dark shades of each color. Once I found the shade I liked I punched out several of each.
The galvanized metallic paper was perfect to add as the socket, I punched them out and used a glue dot to attach them. To create the string for the lights I used the garden green bakers twine, I attached it to the front and inside the card with glue dots.Once the images were stamped in memento black ink I was ready to add the light bulbs.
To finish off the card I added a few rhinestones and an accent swoosh on the light bulbs with Wink of Stella.
To create this card you will need….
- Night of Navy card stock- cut 1 at 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″
- Granny Apple Green Card stock- cut 1 at 3″ X 6″, score at 5 1/2″, attach to the Night of navy to create a flap
- Whisper White card stock- cut 1 at 5 1/4″ X 2 3/4″ front, cut 1 at 4 3/4″ X 2 1/2″ inside, scrap to color and punch out light bulbs
- Galvanized Metallic paper – cut 1 piece at 1/2″ X 12″, punch out sockets for ]light bulbs
- Santa’s Workshop Designer series paper cut 1 red polka dot at 4″ X 5 1/4″, adhere to the night of navy covering the where you attached the Granny Apple Green
If you would like to order any of the products used to create this card I have added them below, by clicking on any product you will be directed to my online store. Shop 24/7 and your order will be shipped directly to you or message me I can place the order for you.
When shopping use my October Host Code 3EAXN687 or earn your own Host credits with all orders over $150